3/4 cup of buckwheat,
2 cups of buckwheat flour,
1 1/4 cups of water,
1 finely chopped onion,
3 or 4 chopped cloves of garlic,
2 grated carrots,
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar,
1. Dry fry the buckwheat till it is golden and fragrant,
2. Add it to the 1 1/4 cups of water brought to the boil,
3. Turn heat down, cover and simmer till soft about 15 mins.,
4. Saute onion and garlic till soft, add balsamic vinegar and cook a couple of minutes.
5. Add to buckwheat with flour and egg.
6. Add grated carrot.
7. Combine all together and shape into rissoles/burgers.
8. Put on a plate with a little buckwheat flour.
9. Sprinkle a little flour on top.
10. Place about a cm of oil in a frying pan and heat.
11. Add rissoles/burgers, turn heat down to around 8.
12. When golden and crispy turn over and cook the other side.
To stop food sticking the bottom of the pan, put the food into hot oil and don’t touch it till it has cooked underneath. One of the signs that it is cooked properly is that it will move without sticking. Once it will move flip it over and repeat on the other side.